Friday, December 18, 2009

Peace

Kaitlyn Faith Ham went to be with our Lord Jesus Christ. Our beautiful daughter passed away on December 17, 2009 at 9.53pm. She went for a piggy back ride with Jesus and we have absolute peace she is in Heaven with her heavenly daddy. We know that God loves her MORE than we can possibly love her. We thank God for entrusting Kaitlyn to us. We hold onto the gift of having conceived her spirit. God and Kaitlyn gave us a beautiful gift in allowing us to know her, hold her and fall deeply in love with her. For those who never met Kaitlyn or got to hold our baby, we know you encountered her beautiful warrior spirit. She is brave, courageous and so strong. Her heart continued to beat for 37 minutes. Once again she surprised the doctor and nurses but then again why should we be surprised, we knew how strong she was and we knew she loved to surprise us all.

We know that Kaitlyn is at peace and because of this we have peace.

We got home at 3am this morning. As we drove away from Children's Hospital we asked if we had spent enough time with our daughter...and our answer was that it will never be enough but we are thankful for the time we had.

I woke up at 8am this morning and had so many words and thoughts in my head I had to type, type, type...I typed everything in a Word document. I will share this on our blog when I am ready.

Although many wish to send their condolences...we appreciate this and hope that you understand if we do not respond right away.

We are now preparing her memorial service to celebrate her life...this is most likely to be held on Monday or Tuesday evening...so please save the date! We are excited to share this event with you all!

8 comments:

  1. Paul, Clara & Lauryn,

    You are our family and we love you guys. We're here for you during this difficult time and we celebrate Kaitlyn's life, remembering God's eternal perspective.

    love, Jenny & Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul & Clara & little Lauryn:

    We love you guys...if you need anything at all, please let us know. Kaitlyn was a most beautiful gift from God and we are so very grateful and thankful for her time with us. We will remember & celebrate her beauty, courage, bravery & strength always!

    Love, Virginia & Princeton

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so blessed by Kaitlyn's life and to have met this beautiful courageous little baby girl just once, made the biggest impact on us. We will miss her deeply, but we know she's at home with her Heavenly Daddy. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes - a piggy back ride with Daddy. how awesome it is to be loved by Him! we celebrate her life with us, her courage, strength, and impudence! please let me know if there's anything i can do to help you! love you ham's <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clara, Paul & Lauryn,
    With tears I write this message to you. My heart aches knowing that you've had to say goodbye to your precious daughter Kaitlyn. Her life was a gift to us all. Thank you for sharing your/her intimate journey with us. The abundance of love & faith you have provided has been an inspiration to me as a parent. You knew when to "Let go & Let God" and with that you know that she is cradled in the palm of His hand and at peace. We will see you in a few days and will celebrate the life of your beautiful daughter. May the love of your family, friends & God wrap you in comfort and surround you with peace.

    Kristi Peters

    ReplyDelete
  6. her life and story will continue to live on because of your amazing faith and trust in God... thank you for sharing kaitlyn's story with us all... she is beautiful! and thank you for loving her so much that You would allow her to be held in His arms... love you guys!!! thinking of you and praying for you... and celebrating little kaitlyn's life with you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,

    Lisa Kim had passed on this prayer request and blog to me days ago. I just wanted to share as a testimony of how Kaitlyn's life has been such a gateway for me this week. I've just come home from a YWAM outreach, and my team and I have been warring in the spirit for your daughter. And personally, your daughters life has given me life in the spirit. She may be Home now, but her time on earth has made more affect on my life than people I've known for years. She gave life not only as a survivor, but a conqueror in the Spirit. Your daughter has been a major impact, and I know that as I continue to contend for God's supernatural nature to be natural on Earth, I will always remember the one girl I fought with in the spirit together for healing. I've never met you, nor your daughter, but the strength and the eternal perspective of God's sovereignty you've reflected as parents through all this has rocked peoples worlds.

    My team and I are still covering you all in prayer,

    Love you all more than you know,

    Jasen

    ReplyDelete
  8. kaitlyn showed me you dont have to say or do much to have show you have a great spirit. her time here on earth was short but significant and i will remember her through your eyes always. this journey has been incredible to follow and ive been so moved by your courageous faith and steady trust in the posibility that our god loves us more than we cab even fathom. indeed he does. this test of faith is proof of just how much god trust you right back. he is with you, he is always with you, he is here. jinah and cairo love the hams.

    ReplyDelete