Kailtyn went into OR this morning at 8.30am to have her breathing tube removed and the swelling in her trachea examined.
...we're waiting to see Kaitlyn. We bumped into Linda (our favourite nurse) at Starbucks. She said that she saw Kaitlyn in the ICU without her tube. That means that things must have gone well in the OR this morning! Praise God! I'm so excited to see her without that dratted tube. The doctors are doing their rounds so we are just waiting in the waiting room. In this day and age you don't have the pace the room, you can just blog! On our way in this morning I had a moment of anxiety...I can see how being anxious can make you feel like you're doing something when you really are helpless. But a split second later I felt my spirit tell me to rest...it's much easier resting than worrying!
Yesterday we got to hold Kaitlyn. The nurse also modified a pacifier. She is so cute! Apparently you suck in a lot of air as well so she spat up. It freaked me out because I didn't know she could do that with the tube in her throat. It looks like she might be a spit uppera...gosh when Lauryn was a new born I remember wondering what I'm supposed to do with all the burp cloths I had because I had so many of them and didn't even need to use them, not once! Looks like I'll have to dig them up for Kailtyn!
Lauryn had fun on her birthday yesterday...she licked off all the pink icing from her cupcake like a little kitten! She got a stamp set as gift and God please help me...there are 40 rubber stamps...and last night she wanted to sample every one of them!
We're going to head in to see our little one!
Paul, Clara, Lauryn and Kaitlyn...
ReplyDeleteWe have been following this blog and praying for your family. Sorry we are far away and cannot be more of a friend than just with our prayers right now.
with prayers,
Mike, Diane and Sarah
Hi Hams,
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to encourage you guys and give thanks to God for the testimonies that are coming through Kaitlyn...no matter what, God is good.
love, Jenny & Dan
G'day to Clara, Paul, Lauryn and Kaitlyn:
ReplyDeleteAt first Cath was keeping me upto date til she told be about this blog spot. Your journal from this experience reflects a apirit of faith and love. I guess the only thing I can do is pray that we may receive God's will with open arms and hands. Your journey has showed me that God is the giver of life and I shall continue storming the heavens with prayers. Reading your last blog reminds of when Jesus said that when you are overburned and tired, then to come to him for rest, for his burden is light and his yoke is easy.
In due time we shall call.
Joe.