Saturday, December 12, 2009

Addict

We noticed that Kaitlyn's eyes were red rimmed, that she was sneezing and yawning a lot. Since moving to the Transitional Care Unit we are meeting new nurses who do not know Kiatlyn yet so we mentioned it a few times to the nurses. When we called to check in on Kaitlyn last night the nurse told Paul that they think she is having withdrawal from the morphine. They are now giving her 0.01 mcg whenever she appears agitated. I noticed today that she has not yawned or sneezed once while we have been with her!

Now that Kaitlyn does not have the tube in her throat we are at liberty to pull her out of her crib whenever we want without assistance from the nurses. We are also more involved with her care which means we change her diapers which are courtesy of Children's Hospital while we are here!

Today we have Lauryn her with us. Since we are in the TCU they more lenient and Lauryn is allowed in with us. In the TCU there is a small playroom and there are less patients on this side. It's nice to be together like this.

I try to hold Kaitlyn as much as possible to make up for lost time. Most of the time she is just asleep in our arms. They have those swinging rocker chairs so we end up falling asleep with her.

Kaitlyn loves her soother. She may turn out to be a thumb sucker like her big sister. I know that I was tied to my soother till I was too old for it. It must run in my blood!

For those who are shy bloggers, I encourage you to write a comment, one day Kaitlyn will read her story and will read and see for herself how much she is loved and supported!

1 comment:

  1. that's awesome that you guys can be together like that! PTL! Lauryn must be so happy now that she can get up close with her little sister! :)

    ReplyDelete