Friday, December 18, 2009

It’s a one way ticket to Heaven

To clarify, we made Kaitlyn comfortable as she breathed her last breaths. We allowed her to do what she was meant to do. We could not allow machines and drugs to continue to sustain her breath if God was calling her home. We can not fight God. After coming to peace with this, we knew we could walk through the fire and hold our baby and watch her pass away. Not everyone has the gift of holding their loved one as they pass on so we are truly honoured and privileged.

We did not cry as she breathed her last breath. We had our hand on her heart as it beat slower and slower and finally stopped. We gazed upon the peace in her face. I prayed out loud, even in front of the doctor and nurses in the room…as foolish as it sounded I prayed that God would raise her from the dead with the same power that raised Christ from the dead. I did this so I would not regret that I failed to pray this prayer in fear of looking foolish. Looking back I realize that I prayed this out of emotion…had I looked to God I would have known His will and prayed according to this, “go in peace”. I wonder if people think that our God is powerless when He doesn’t come and perform the miracle we cry out for. But I know that God is bigger than me and that His grace is sufficient for me. I know that He says it’s ok…I prayed as any mother would.

Time and time again I have learned that we suffer and struggle when we fight God. I’ve also learned that these lessons never get easier even when I’ve learned that when we let go and stop fighting God that there is peace. I believe we could not squeeze a tear out as we let our daughter go because we had peace. This peace gave us confidence and strength to endure what no parent should have to experience. We were finally ready. Kaitlyn was already ready and waiting, just as God was waiting to receive her.

We want people to know that we are going to celebrate her life. Although it was 35 days her on earth, her life in heaven is eternal.

2 comments:

  1. this is straight up Jesus theology..thank you for sharing..can't wait to meet her in heaven and see un-ending perfection.. beautiful!

    <3 lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont think it foolish that you asked jesus to raise your baby from the dead.. what mother wouldnt? and anyway he has answered your prayer. she just on the other side of eternity.

    ReplyDelete