It's now Sunday evening...sorry to keep you all waiting to hear how her surgery went. (That's the cliff hanger, just so the title doesn't have anyone anxious that Kaitlyn is in a critical situation again). Kaitlyn went into surgery at 11am. At around 1pm the surgeon, Dr. McDonald came out to tell us that the surgery went well. Given that they have closed one source of blood to the lungs I was expecting her Oxygen saturation numbers to come down from the 90% that it was previously sitting at...however, it is still hovering around 90%. The nurse told me to ask the doctor to discuss this. I pray and hope that her surgery was not in vain and that it was beneficial to her heart and body function.
We went to church today. Friends in Sydney, if you want to hear an awesome message please download Sunday, Dec 6th message from our church website, www.newjoychurch.com...I have yet to listen last Sunday's message which was dedicated to our family. I think both Paul and I were a little nervous about seeing so many people but it was good to see and be with our greater community. I'm not sure how Paul felt today about being at church but I felt God's presence...during worship I felt something tickling the top of my head...as if a breeze was blowing through my hair.
Tomorrow the doctors are going to have a round table discussion with all the specialists involved with Kaitlyn's case. This involves cardiology, oncology, hematology, GI (I met Dr. Guttman today)and the Intesivists (doctors of the Intesive Care Unit)...they are going to discuss the next steps and then discuss their plans with us afterwards. Please pray for continued hope for Kaitlyn's life. Despite the doctors having to prepare us for the worse, we have to stand defiant, strong and continue to believe in our God who defies the natural and normal realm.
Even though Kaitlyn is pretty sedated she is still sucking on her tube...I'm very encouraged to see her be a regular baby. One of the things that keeps me going and believing is a vision of picking her up one day. I will scoop her up under her arms and hold her without being anxious about tubes or her being too fragile...when we sit by her bedside, she's so close yet so far...but this picture makes me feel like it's not that far or impossible.
Sounds really promising! Here in Sydney we're praying and thinking of you guys and loving on your fiercely. Can't wait to meet Kaitlyn in person when she accompanies you on your next trip down under!
ReplyDeleteLeanne