
It has been three weeks since our beautiful baby passed away but it seems longer than that. In fact this new year is only a week old and it already doesn't feel new.
Until you enter the Pediatric ICU you don’t realize how important this service is. For us it was like stepping into a whole new and foreign world complete with its own language. Because Kaitlyn had Down Syndrome we prepared ourselves to be familiar with BC Children’s Hospital. But now that Kaitlyn has passed away we feel a sense of indebtedness to BCCH. The doctors and nurses were amazing. The nurses were especially patient answering all our questions even if it meant repeating themselves because the new language was hard for us to pick up. The few that we connected with on a deeper level showed us compassion and provided Kaitlyn with excellent medical care. She could not have lived her 35 days without BCCH. I can not forget our time in the ICU just as I can not forget Kaitlyn.
I had mentioned earlier that we would set up a fund in loving memory of our beloved daughter. I regret not having it set up sooner as it is important to me but I kept putting off the administration of it. In the end it was quite easy to set up.
For those who have already blessed us so we can go away on vacation, please know that a portion of everything we have received will be donated to Children's Hospital. For those who spoke to Gordon or gave money to Gordon and for those who wish to make a contribution, I have included instructions on how to make your donation. Please do not feel obligated but if ever you are looking for a good cause to make a donation to or if Kaitlyn's life touched yours we have a memorial fund set up in her name. You can contact me via email.
No comments:
Post a Comment